Thursday, March 24, 2005

Alien Nation, 2 Holi, Lots of Love

What a combination,

I am in a alien nation, the society the values, the structure everything is so different from the soil to which I belong, Yet I am going to celebrate holi twice.

1st holi I celebrated on 19 of March at Stanford University with so many friends.
2nd shall be celebrated on 25/26 March in Seattle with Another Gang of friends.

The holi in here is going to be more lovely than any of the gang-bang holi I have celebrated in India. Is it just coincedence ?

Then how shall I explain the immense sense of want, desire, love and mutual joy poured in by my alien collegues originally from Vietnam, France, Sweden,China, Native Americans, Few Indians, Pakistanis, Germany, Phillipines, Japan and from some more nations.

I cannot understand one simple fact which is now the routine of my life. Since the day I joined job (Remember this timeline - After I joined Job, not before) I have distinctly observed dramattic Positive Changes in my personality, the way I invest in relationships and the unexpected & unexplainable gains I receive from those. The sense of togetherness is enjoyed mutually. It never mattered if I have switch companies, projects, cities, flown to a altogether different nation, I find people around me enjoying themselves by being with me and acknowledging the same.

But the whole picture is not rosy as such, I am still unsure of 4 shoulders, on whom I can trust that they shall carry my dead body to PYRE.

The sense of trust is still unsure, and it's not becoz I am paranoid or cynical about people, its just becoz whenever I get a feel that I am now sure of the some people around me in the crowd, somebody or the other with come out and loudly shake my confidence with him/her.

SO GUYS and GALS tell me WHAT and WHY is it ?

6 comments:

  1. Well, when we were in school or college, we used to celebrate 2 Holi.
    1) On last working day before Holi.
    2) On the Holi day itself.


    And about the trust thing, well I am on same boat, so when you get answer to that, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI dear
    Nice blog and nice reflections

    i would just give u one piece that i have learnt about relationships and that is " TO GIVE IN RELATIONSHIPS... Just keep giving and thats all... Leave the rest ... Just keep investing "


    nityn

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way Nityn, I am not that much altruist, Being a typical "baniya", I cannot keep investing and making a fool out of myself.

    So for me to be in relationship, the other fella should also reciprocate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right said Hirdu,


    Ma ka nahi, Mama ka concept ka Zamana( remember 7 rules of Anil kapoor's Mama in Taal)

    1 Give n take, give n take
    2 me first, me first
    3 Put him down, put him down
    4 compitation , jealousy
    5. market self

    "Na pyar, na dosti, na ishq, na mohabbat, nope. Dil ka khel bataaiye, dil mat dijiye. Hum dard bechte hain kareedte nahin hain"

    Ma ka rule Outdated:- Neki kar dariya me dal, Log Neki karwake hum ko hi dariya me pek dege.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm !! Well I donot agree completely with both the fundas, Neither Ma, nor Mama.

    I have simple theory,

    1. I care for you, only till you care for me.
    2. I shall be there for you always, only if you have established trust, that thy shall be there for me.
    3.Life is about "Give & Take"
    4. You hurt me once and thy shall find youself on "Road to Perdition"

    ReplyDelete