Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Till there' s space, I 'll stare at it

What fun it is doing nothing, sitting idle and staring at the empty space. I was amazed at the calm, sooth and peace it rendered to me yesternight.

It was around midnight, that I woke up, donno why ? I even cannot remember whether I was having a dream or a nightmare, when I woke. So I went to the roof, lit the 2nd last cig (There are always few cigs at secret places hidden at home ;-)), and sat resting my back onto the wall.

I rose my head & started oogling a distant star. Thought machine (TM) invoked itself. "What the heck Are you doing ?", "Its middle of the night, don't You have anything to ponder upon",

I said, "Don't feel like !!"

TM said, "You have one of the finest collection of books in yr wardrobe, Several of them are unfinished, Why don't you finish anyone of it ?"

I said, "How much will it matter, If I finish one more, I know what the author must have talked about in the climax"

TM continued, "You can call sbdy and talk to him or her, at least don't sit idle, its not like you"

I was now furious, "Will you ever let me sit in peace ?"

TM was not bothered, "You have gone insane, Think dear !! Think about future, Think about fetching new Job, think about the gal to whom u winked today, think about being the Howard..."

Disgusted I felt and thus interrupted, "Go to hell, and take all these worries with you only. Lemme sit here and Stare at the empty space and leave me alone"

TM smiled, there was mockery and sarcasm, but no joy.

I ignored him now and sat and sat there....staring ...finishing the cig and kindled another and continued staring....

Then there was NO TM, NO THOUGHT, NO WILL, NO DESIRE, NO GF, NO FRIEND, NO PL, NO VP, NO TESTLAB, NO MBA, NO BANGY, NO BOMBAY, NO US, NO EUROPE, NO FRENCH, NO JARGON, NO LINGO, NO GOD, NO LADY LUCK, NO YOU & NO ME.

Now there is only SPACE and EYES staring at it.


5 comments:

  1. You too can do the same !! Just Follow what yr heart says, Listen to it whenever it says.

    Life is to express, not to hold yr heart and tougue entangled coz of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will stare at space after my sixties. Now I have better option to stare at ha!ha!ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It depends on Why and What you inherently desire to Stare at ;-) and BTW The act which u are naming as staring is called "OOGLE" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful. It was really good and well written.
    In fact in Alchemist Paul Cohelo says "...when you pursue your dreams, the universe conspires to help you..."
    Ever since I've read it, I've made every effort, concious or unconcious to notice it. And I've noticed, may be deliberatley trying to find a resonating conclusion, this works, although sometimes. :)
    BTW I was searching for some blogs to kill time @ office, stumbled upon your's. Good that I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alchemist is DEAD. Eleven Minutes is what is ALIVE. Move On...

    ReplyDelete