Wednesday, February 23, 2005

!! Jab chali Thandi hava !!

Heard this song several times before I heard the remix of it.
Whenever I heard the original, There was pain and sorrow involved.
The remix was wonderful, It sounded like echoeing the Joy in Seperation, as if it is celebrating the pain, which seemed novel.
So folks as usual here is hindi and english translation of the same.
Jab chalii Tha.nDii havaa, jab uThii kaalii ghaTaa
mujhako ai jaan-e-vafaa tum yaad aae

zi.ndagii kii daastaa.n, chaahe kitanii ho ha.nsii.nbin tumhaare kuchh nahii.n,
bin tumhaare kuchh nahii.nkyaa mazaa aataa sanam,
aaj bhuulese kahii.ntum bhii aajaate yahii.n, tum bhii aajaate yahii.n
ye bahaare.n ye fizaa, dekhakar o dilaruba
ajaane kyaa dil ko huaa, tum yaad aayejab chalii ...

ye nazaare ye samaa, aur phir itane javaa.N
haaye re ye mastiyaa.N, haaye re ye mastiyaa.N
aisaa lagataa hai.n mujhe, jaise tum nazadiik ho
is chaman se jaan-e-jaa.n, is chaman se jaan-e-jaa.n
sun ke usakii sadaa, dil dha.Dakataa hai.n meraa
aaj pahalese sivaa tum yaad aaejab chalii ...
English Translation
Whenever cool breeze blows, whenever black clouds flows
I get the thoughts of you, O my beloved-who-is-more-loyal-than-life.
The saga of life might be as pleasurable as it can be,
but without you it's nothing, but without you it's nothing.
It would have been unimaginable fun, if by any chance,
you would have arrived here, you would have arrived here.
This spring and the nature around, I don't know what,
happened to my heart, that it's making me to remember you.
These sights and the feel, they are so young,
and Oh...all these pleasures...oh...all these pleasures,
It feels like to me, as if you are nearby here or there,
In these lavish pastures O my beloved,
My heart loses a beat, whenever I hear thy call,
I don't know why, today I am thinking more about you.

Whenever cool breeze blows, whenever black clouds flowsI get the thoughts of you, O my beloved-who-is-more-loyal-than-life.

1 comment:

  1. You reminded me of my passion for translating songs... And I love this song too.

    ReplyDelete