Wednesday, February 02, 2005

!!Choker Bali !!

Yesternight saw this movie "Choker Bali". Since then I am in deep thoughts.

Who is She ?
Why is She like the way she is in the novel & in the movie ?
Whom did Rabindranath Tagore 'Gurudev' had in his thoughts when he created her ?
If she had been real, Will she be so beautiful as depicted in the novel ?

She (Choker Bali - Boudini - Aishwarya Rai) had a unique thought process in her mind. She despite being a widow engages in sexual intercourses with the husband of her friend "Bali" (Riya Sen) and wants to marry the other guy and in the climax leaves all, whom she loved, wanted with all her heart and soul, just like one discards a old cloth.

Once one gets himself associated with the characters in the movie, He/She is bound to get senti in the last. The feeling is unexplainable.

There no sorrow or tears in the eyes when you watch the climax, there is only a feeling of LOSS. You from the inner core of your heart want "Choker Bali" to be happy, You want from your soul that She should also feel a moment of joy in her life.

But then the feeling of helplessness is there. you cannot change the end, coz its been written by Gurudev that way. So what you do in the last. You just woke up your lord and pray that this should not happen to anybody.

I got senti coz I associated myself pretty soon with "Choker". I myself fear "loneliness" and " "helplessness" the most and there I was watching her fighting with both of these phenomenons

I still need to get myself comfortable with my fear and with "Choker Bali".




No comments:

Post a Comment